Wednesday, 15 December 2010

Louise Bourgeois: The Fabric Works

I went to see my first Louise Bourgeois exhibition today at Hauser & Wirth. She is one of my favourite artists and I love her sculptures, but this exhibition, 'The Fabric Works' featured graphic, geometric shapes stitched into supple fabrics creating a pleasing contrast, along with four large scale sculptures. It was also her most recent work, dating from 2006 to this year when she died. To be honest I was slightly disappointed with the exhibition considering how much I love Bourgeois' work but it's worth a look if you get a chance, and on until Saturday 18th.





























































































"I always had the fear of being separated and abandoned. The sewing is my attempt to keep things together and make things whole."

Louise Bourgeois

No comments:

Post a Comment